Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Boy Who Lived

I can say I grew up with Harry Potter, right?
I mean, when he was 11 I was 9, but I think I read the first book when I was 10, so we were practically the same age.
And when he was 11 in the movie, I was 11 in real life.
and I only read 6 out of the 7 books but 6/7 isn't bad and I believe I am a fan.
All I know is that when I was watching the last movie, I was so nervous. I knew that if Harry died, I would cry.
Not the kind of cry when you are watching a sad movie and you are like poor girl's heart got broken, here's a few tears,
or for the friends and family who lost someone in Hollywood,
or the 'what if that happened to me'? cry.
I would have cried because I was rooting for Harry and I didn't want Harry to die because I've grown up with him.
and I wanted him to beat Voldemort,
and I was so nervous for Harry.
and I love Hermione and Ron so I didn't want them to lose a friend either.
and I was so pumped when the last movie was coming to an end,
but then the movie ended and I wasn't so pumped anymore.
Because the series is over.
I can read the books again and I probably will, but it's still all over.
And how awesome will it be to read the books with my kids and watch the movies with them and tell them that this came out while I was growing up?
And maybe if I'm lucky...
one of my children will be admitted to Hogwarts.

1 comment:

  1. what a cute post. i love love love hp! your blog is quite adorable.

    ReplyDelete