Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mona Rope Swings

This post is pretty overdue mostly because every time I try to import the pictures from my camera to my computer one of those two items freaks out. Anyways, I have been hearing about these rope swings and have wanted to go for a long time. A couple weeks ago, I finally found a reliable source for directions here: http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/60322

The ponds are located about 35 miles south of Provo. To get there, take I-15 south and take exit number 236 to Mona. Turn right after exiting the freeway then turn left at the first stop sign. Drive south 1.7 miles and turn right on a paved road just beyond the outskirts of Mona. The road leads straight to the ponds.

We were only there for about an hour, but if you bring a raft or fishing pole or grill, it would be easy to hang out by these ponds all day! There are about 5 rope swings: 4 on the north side of the lake and one on the south side. Try them all! The one on the south side  has a water ski rope and for some reason is pretty hard for girls to do. Every girl that went before and after me on this rope swing completely face planted it, I wish it would been on film! I nervously survived though and would do it again.

I took videos but can't figure out how to load them, so here is my one picture:
(I have no idea who the guy in the green shirt is)

Let me know if you try it out or have any questions about it. Definitely a fun family or friend hot summer day adventure!

2 comments:

  1. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. Best Baby Swings in 2018

    ReplyDelete