Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Homestead

This was a few weeks ago, still an adventure I would like to share though.
Gavin and I are always looking for new places, joys and thrills.
I saw this picture on pinterest,
was excited about it's Utah location, looked it up, and gave it a try.
This is a hot-spring filled crater in Midway, UT (featured on the upcoming episode of the bachelor!!).
Midway is my new favorite town- half way between Provo and Park City.
Gav and I went on a sunny January day and were about the only ones there.
On the website, it says you pay for a 45 minute swim. Because they weren't busy, we pretty much got to do whatever we wanted.
We just swam around with little life jackets.
Because the crater is 70 feet deep, it is also a great place for scuba diving if you are into that or want to train to be certified.
Leap list.
(Because I use that phrase instead of bucket list now.)
If you want to check it out, visit http://www.homesteadresort.com/Crater

3 comments:

  1. leap list = loved the bach last night.
    homestead = can't wait for next monday night.
    midway = one of my favorites too.
    question = how much does it cost to swim at the crater?

    love you mads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that looks like so much fun! I'm so mad that I didn't know ben was in the state! its probably a good thing because Im pretty sure I would have stalked him... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was $11 for 45 minutes. So not bad if it is only 2 people, but not much of a family thing. And I think it is $5 to rent snorkling equip. I'm glad you guys love the bach too!

    ReplyDelete