Friday, April 22, 2011

21's a Party

Turned 21 this week and yah apparently I still look like I'm in high school. I'm ok with it. 21 means nothing when you are Mormon. I'm ok with that too.
Crazy week! 4 finals. I took my Marriage and Family test first and did good enough on that. I guess I should be happiest about that one because when it comes to the real world, I'll use what I learned in that class more than anything else. My health psychology final was the hardest test of the class and I didn't do too great, but I didn't do so bad that it will really effect my final grade.
Wednesday I celebrated by taking a 100 question child psychopathology test in the morning. I didn't do as good as I was expecting. Then after 5 more hours of studying for American Heritage I drove up to Salt Lake for another 100 question final. By the end of it, it was hard to even care. I came home feeling like I had just taken the ACT a few times.
I celebrated by going to Olive Garden with some of my family and unwrapping presents. From my parents I got some red toms, a swimsuit, and a really nice silverware set. It wasn't the first hint I had from them that I need to get out of my house! I do really appreciate all the gifts they've given me that are stored away but will come in handy when I'm moved out. Gavin and Maci gave me a teapot :) It is different than the ones I already have, so I am excited to add variety to my collection!

Because my birthday was full of finals, we decided to actually celebrate the next day. So Thursday I got a new drivers license, moved Megan and her roommate out of her apartment, went to the mall, and ate at P.F. Chang's.
I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bummed about any of this haha. I just think it is funny that most people treat 21 like it's a big deal. But really, thank you everyone who helped me through the semester and finals week! All the phone calls, letters, texts, and facebook messages wishing me happy birthday really made my day! and thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment