Monday, April 25, 2011

Great. Weekend.


No my life has not calmed down since school ended. But I have been busy and sleepless because I have been doing things I enjoy more than schoolwork. Why I love Utah? Because I can go snowboarding one day, swimming that night, and hiking in shorts the next day.
Friday my family headed up to Brighton. I love that my family is sweet enough that all 8 of us all go together, some of us on skiis and some of us on snowboards (that's me!). I love that my family is sweet enough to spend time together at all.
The snow was amazing for how warm it was outside. I ended up switching boards with Maci because my boots fit in her bindings and her new boots didn't. I tried to hang with Jordan and Jake and they were pretty patient with me. Maybe they were just entertained watching me fall trying to do everything they do. But it was fun!
From snowboarding I went to our end-of-year lacrosse banquet. We felt somewhat legit because it was held in the cougar room at the stadium. Traffic in Utah County helped me show up an hour late, but I got to see the coaches and seniors get their gifts and awards. Thank you for everything you've done for our team! The seniors will definitely be missed! Gavin picked me up from the banquet and we headed to St. George to meet his family who was already down there.
Instead of trying to cram everything into one post, this will be all for now. I will put pictures and stories up later of our fun little road trip.
I came home on Sunday to see an Easter basket sitting out for me. My family was at church so my siblings had all already gone through theirs. My parents are so great! It doesn't matter how old you are, baskets from the Easter bunny can always put a smile on your face!
We hurried to church then spent the rest of the day working on Jordan's eagle project, sleeping, and extended family home evening... all of this with the Tangled movie and soundtrack on repeat.
Last but not least, I can't post about Easter and say more about the bunny than the real reason we celebrate. I am so grateful that Christ sacrificed for all of us and that I am blessed with the knowledge of the truth. I love that we can celebrate this year round but we do have this weekend to really focus on it more. I love my Savior and I know He lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment