Monday, September 12, 2011

Timpanogos

This post is way overdue, but I still want to share!

The Saturday before Labor day, I wanted to hike Timp. I have done it before, but not in a few years. My neighbor from home wanted to hike too, so we got a group together and started driving around 3 a.m. There ended up being only 8 of us when a lot more people said they could come. That is ok though, we missed everyone else, but 8 is a great number of people to hike with.

Lynn and his friend Craig came down with my brother Jake. I drove Hillary, Rick, Autumn, and Tyler. It was Autumn's first hike ever! We threw her right in there!

These guys are champs. They carried their skiis all the way up the mountain. They got their skiing in for September, meaning they have skid every month for the last year!

The only toilet on the entire mountain. What a great view.


The greatest driving range.

When we got to the top, we decided to slide down the glacier instead of hike back down the way we came up. Bad idea Madi, bad idea.

This was the detour...

This was the experience...
Don't try it yourself.

Then we took the wrong trail from the glacier and Lynn had to chase us down and redirect us. It was all I could do to backtrack, we were exhausted after that glacier! Rick literally had to push me back up until we could start hiking down again.

With the aspen trail and the glacier, we added an extra 2 hours onto our trip. Timp-1, Madi-0. Next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment