Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was great!
Started off with the Muppet movie. Really, I don't know why we still see G rated shows when 25/30 people we go with are over the age of 15. Yeah we go with 30 ish people. My family is huge, I love it. This was with my mom's side of the family. All I know is when these little kids are over the age of 16 they better come to cartoons and musicals with my future little ones. It is a fun tradition though.

I may of gained five pounds Thursday because after the movie, we ran to Gavin's grandparents house for our first Thanksgiving meal. We filled our plates, watched a lot of football then headed to my grandma's house for a second meal. That was with my dad's side of the family. There was at least 30 people there too, poor Gav. At my grandma's we just joked about how we are all too stupid to be going to BYU (except for AJ, maybe that's why Grandma let him sit with the grown-ups?) and we watched more football there.
We went to Walmart at ten to see if there was any good deals but we had to park far away and even if we did find good deals, it wasn't worth waiting in line for. Freaking mad house! I made up for it though with all the shopping we did on Friday :) Thanks Santa!

In seminary in 9th grade, my teacher challenged us to give a prayer of only thanks on Thanksgiving. I have kept up that tradition and did it again this year. If you missed it on Thanksgiving, try it tonight! Just pray and thank our Heavenly Father for everything He has given us! It is perfectly fine to ask God for things, but just try saying one prayer without it because it helps (me) realize how much we have and how much we ask for and receive on a daily basis. I have so much to be grateful for! My life has been bliss! And unlike Alex on Modern Family, I'm not mad at my parents for it.

Jordan (to Jake): What should we do tonight?
Jake: We could find a good lookout spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment