Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Old School

One lesson I've been taught recently: trust yourself.

I went Tribal West lacrosse because my plastic strings broke (for the second time in 4 months). I asked the guy working if I could go back to regular leather and he said I should try these new strings, with the circles. I told him that I had played with sticks strung with circle strings before and I would rather just use the leather that everyone's sticks had while I was in high school. "No," he said "these circle strings are new and improved and they are the best strings yet." I gave in. Now my stick looks SWEET, but the pink circle strings are too long for my pocket to be regulation size. I have been tightening and fidgeting with my baby ever since.


I went to the bank to get more checks and the banker said "You shouldn't use paper checks, you should use new and improved online bill pay." I explained to him that my grandma knows more about computers than I do so I should probably just stick with regular checks. "No," he said "this online bill pay is easier and safer and more reliable." I gave in. Now my rent isn't paid and I just spent an hour at the bank trying to cancel the check I supposedly sent to my landlady but she never received. I am trying to figure out how to get the money back in my account too.

If you know what you want, don't listen to anybody else.

1 comment:

  1. This is a shout out for Face Off... We've been getting lots and lots of girls coming in with tht same stick/plastic circle problem. And we can fix it! We have tons of leathers and Walker does such a good job... Mine hasn't broken in a year and a half! It's a bit pricier ($50) than Tribe but it won't break! And I work there do you could come visit me :).

    ReplyDelete