Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Oh the People I Meet!

I headed from Salt Lake to Birmingham, Alabama today. The term 'f-pod' came to be because of the people I meet when I travel.

#1. I asked Maddy if she saw any magazines with Ashley (the bachelorette) on the cover. The lady next to me immediately turned, inquired about J.P., and gave her input about Ben. Maddy "Nothing brings people together like the bachelorette."

#2. Lady on plane 1. Hardcore grandma who told me all about the subway, travelling, running, grandkids, Southern belles vs. California boys, 13 mile hikes in blazing heat, and to do something crazy.

#3. The flight attended told me my bag was too big for carry-on. She said when I got to the back of the plane where my seat was, I needed to ask for a compressor or clamp or something to pinch my bag together and make it smaller. I said ok and did as I was told. The flight attendant at the back of the plane had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for a clamp or compressor for my bag. She just laughed and said that was a good one and said she was going to start using it too.

#4. The girl next to me on plane 2. 15 yr old from Germany who speaks a little English going to visit a friend in Alabama. She showed me pictures of her family in Germany and her hometown hobbies and I shared mine too. Then I gave her my number and told her to call me if she helps her friends' dad with disaster relief in Pratt, Alabama. I think it was at that point she realized I was crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment